February 13, 2011 § 2 Comments
I think we all know what tomorrow is. Valentine’s Day! Well I personally hate Valentine’s Day but each year my friend Ashley and I try to make it more bearable. Tomorrow I’m planning on giving her this Heath like bar treat!
Saltine Toffee Cookies<3
- 1 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 1 stick (4 oz) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.
Obviously I couldn’t just have that for her so I have some more things….